The Friday Bulletin is the electronic newsletter of the Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums. Its purpose is to provide information on items of interest to archives, libraries and museums within Alaska, plus offer a window into the activities of their sister disciplines.
Do you work in a library, archive, or museum in Alaska and have something to share? We'd love to share your news or resources in our Friday Bulletin. Send your item(s) to our Division Director for consideration. Submissions may be edited for length and content.
The issues below are in PDF format. PDFs can be read within your browser or through a PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader.
- 7/21/2017 (PDF) (IMLS Medal ceremony, Yup'ik Siri, Pathways of Poetry, Grant opportunity)
- 7/7/2017 (PDF) (State Library Plan, Treaty of Cession lecture, Sesame Street Books)
- 6/16/2017 (PDF) (State Library Plan, Interns, Discussion groups, free project management software)
- 6/2/2017 (PDF) (BrainPOP French, Alaska Anniversaries, Digital Resources for active and retired Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard)
- 5/19/2017 (PDF) (State Museum IMLS National Medal, New VISTAs, Children's Reading Lists)
- 5/5/2017 (PDF) (Floor award, NASA@ My Library, Asian Pacific and Jewish American heritage month)
Starting April 2017, the Friday Bulletin is published on the first and third Fridays of each month.
- 4/21/2017 (PDF) (State Archives material at work, IMLS and archives, PLA internships)
- 4/7/2017 (PDF) (Grant in Aid, 1867 Sitka Map, Comment on Alaska Library Plan)
- 3/31/2017 (PDF) (Historical indexes online, akhistorycourse.org, E-rate)
- 3/24/2017 (PDF) (Twice Monthly Friday Bulletin Starting April, IMLS Medal Finalists, Homer Public Library in Idea book)
- 3/17/2017 (PDF) (Tax Information Online, Valdez Museum Exhibits Call, Alaska Community Foundation grants)
- 3/10/2017 (PDF) (Students free at State Museum, State Library Plan, Translate EBSCO articles, Women's History Month)
- 3/3/2017 (PDF) (Make your own graph paper, Alaska governors, news literacy)
- 2/24/2017 - No issue published.
- 2/17/2017 (PDF) (E-Rate, Program ideas, Alaska Positive, Peratrovich documents)
- 2/10/2017 - No issue published.
- 2/3/2017 (PDF) (Teen Wellness, Coffman Cove Mural, School Broadband)
- 1/27/2017 (PDF) (Humanities Awards, Discovery room books, Ann Symons honored.)
- 1/20/2017 (PDF) (Run our gift store! World War II, Speeches, Contests)
- 1/13/2017 (PDF) (Teen Health and Wellness leaving SLED, Journeymen Archivists Wanted, Writing Contest, Federal Films)
- 1/6/2017 (PDF) (Artifact of the Month, Restoring Film, Flag Song, Archival dining)