The Friday Bulletin is the electronic newsletter of the Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums. Its purpose is to provide information on items of interest to archives, libraries and museums within Alaska, plus offer a window into the activities of their sister disciplines.
Do you work in a library, archive, or museum in Alaska and have something to share? We'd love to share your news or resources in our Friday Bulletin. Send your item(s) to our Division Director for consideration. Submissions may be edited for length and content.
The issues below are in PDF format. PDFs can be read within your browser or through a PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader.
- 4/29/2016 - No Bulletin Published.
- 4/22/2016 (PDF) (Erate Deadline,Native Alaskan opportunities, UAF digital collections)
- 4/15/2016 (PDF) (State Library Closure, New VISTAS, Computer Programming as Board Game, Archives 101)
- 4/8/2016 (PDF) (State Library Closure, Craig Grant, Libraries and Homelessness)
- 4/1/2016 (PDF) (State Library Closure, AkLA 2016 Materials, Lifelong Learning Report)
- 3/25/2016 (PDF) (New LAM Director, State Library Closure, Historic Photographs)
- 3/18/2016 (PDF) (SLED Databases Tips, SLAM RFPs, Grant Opportunities (Deadline today!), Public Library Survey Results)
- 3/11/2016 (PDF) (Digitized Historic Suffrage Records, Kudos to Seward and Ketchikan, Webinars, Social Media Archives Toolkit)
- 3/4/2016 (PDF) (State Library Closure 4/18, SLAM Grand Opening 6/6, Iditarod records, Alaska Literary Map)
- 2/26/2016 (PDF) (Budget Reductions, Historical Society Paper Call, Free Ebooks for Low Income Children, Haines and Juneau on short list for IMLS Medal)
- 2/19/2016 (PDF) (Imagination Libraries, Geneaology MOOC, Students Prefer Print)
- 2/12/2016 (PDF) (Pribilof Islands Censuses, Summer Reading Program, Gut Sewing Videos)
- 2/5/2016 (PDF) (#ColoringOurCollections, AILA Youth Literature Awards, Schooling and funding applications)
- 1/29/2016 (PDF) (Anchorage office closing in May, Wasilla Public Library, Scholarships, David Bowie's Reading List)
- 1/22/2016 (PDF) (Digital Preservation Scholarship, New collections, Kashevaroff tour)
- 1/15/2016 (PDF) (Color Our Collections, Building progress)
- 1/8/2016 (PDF) (Alaska Digital Library, Summer Reading, Several training and funding opportunities)
- 1/1/2016 – No Bulletin Published