Grant Information for Museums
The Alaska State Museum awards grants to Alaska museums and museum-related organizations, such as historical societies or support groups, for projects that improve the quality of museum services and operations within the state. The grants are awarded on a competitive basis once a year.
Current Grant Information
We are again offering a mini-grant application for $2,000 or less and a grant application for hosting an intern.
- Basic information
- Eligibility requirements
- Tips for Applying for a Mini-Grant (PDF)
- FY 2014 cover letter (PDF)
- FY 2014 application form and instructions (PDF) (Word)
- FY 2014 Mini-grant instructions and form (PDF) (Word)
- Apply for a Mini-Grant online.
- FY 2014 Internship grant instructions and form (PDF) (Word)
- Final Accounting Report Form (PDF) (Word)
Past Grant Information
- FY 2013 Grant-in-Aid Awards Recipients (PDF)
- FY 2012 Grant-in-Aid Awards Recipients (PDF)
- FY 2011 Grant-in-Aid Awards Recipients (PDF)
- FY 2010 Grant-in-Aid Awards Recipients (PDF)
- FY 2009 Grant-in-Aid Awards Recipients (PDF)
Other Grant Sources
The Council has several programs of interest to museums.
See their website for current details.
For information about the types of grants available from the Forum, call the number above. General grant proposal deadlines are April 1 and October 1. Mini-grant proposals for up to $2000 are available for timely projects that cannot wait until a general grant deadline, but are subject to funds availability. Potential applicants are asked to consult with staff before submitting proposals.
The following organizations offer up-to-date grant information on their home pages:
Page last updated 04/01/2013