Technology and Instructional Services (TIS)
TIS Vision: To enable the State Library, State Archives and State Museums to better serve and educate Alaskans through the shared use of technology and common standards.
What it is: Technology and Instructional Services (TIS) is a unit of the Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums (LAM) which is part of the Alaska Department of Education and Development. It was established on April 1, 2010.
What TIS does:
TIS supports the sections of Libraries, Archives and Museums through:
- Publicizing and enforcing state and departmental standards
- Working with LAM units to come up with best technology practices
- Providing and/or facilitating LAM IT support
- Implementing the Division web presence
- Educating LAM staff on technology issues
- Ongoing researching into common discovery tools and digital preservation resources
- Technical support for Digital Pipeline issues
PO Box 110571
333 Willoughby Avenue Rm 712
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
Page last updated 06/17/2013