Statewide Services to Alaska Museums
Since the 1980s, ASM's Office of Statewide Services has provided resources, information, training opportunities, and more to museums, historical societies, and related organizations across Alaska. Statewide services is integral to ASM's mission and written into state statute as a core function of the museum.
Confronted with a problem? Looking for information? Wondering about proper procedures? The Curator of Statewide Services provides technical information on all areas of museum operations either directly or by referral. Information can be provided by phone, fax, mail or e-mail. The ASM maintains a reference library as well as extensive files on museum practices.
- E-mail Anjuli
Resources for Museums
- COVID-19 Resources for Alaska Museums
- Annual Grant-in-Aid program
- Traveling exhibits
- Loans of our permanent collection and hands-on collection
- Resources for Alaska Museums guide
- Alaska Museum Surveys coming soon!
Museum Technical Assistance
- We provide assessments and consult on many aspects of museum operations. Contact the Curator of Statewide Services to learn more.
- Conservation resources
- Annual trainings through in-person and at-a-distance workshops
- Designation of Natural and Cultural History Repositories